Configure Zabbix agent autoregistration to automatically deploy and start monitoring Zabbix agent hosts.
As your IT infrastructure scales up, there comes a point where manual host creation is simply not feasible. At this point, the preferable approach is to find a way to automate host deployment.
Deploy and manage hosts automatically with Zabbix active agent autoregistration:
- Automatically deploy and start monitoring hosts
- Assign different templates depending on hostname and host metadata
- Receive notifications whenever a new host is deployed
- Automatically make changes or perform offboarding of hosts
Check out the video to learn how to configure Zabbix agent autoregistration.
How to configure Zabbix agent autoregistration:
- Navigate to Configuration → Actions → Autoregistration actions
- Click the Create action button
- Define action conditions
- Navigate to the Operations tab and define the action operations
- Connect to your host and open the Zabbix agent configuration file
- Populate the Hostname, HostMetadata and HostInterface fields
- Restart the Zabbix agent
- Navigate to Configuration → Hosts and make sure that the host has been created
- Navigate to Monitoring → Latest Data and make sure that the host is receiving metrics
Tips and best practices:
- Host name and host metadata values are case-sensitive
- Agent restart is required to apply host name and host metadata changes
- HostnameItem can be used to populate the host name with a Zabbix agent item value
- HostMetadataItem can be used to populate the host metadata with a Zabbix agent item value