The Monitoring -> Latest data page in the Zabbix frontend allows to see values for items. Items are grouped by application (if assigned), and they can be expanded and collapsed. Previously, any such operation would result in a full page reload. 2.2 will make this operation happen without a page reload.
Articles in 2.2 feature series:
- Part 1 – Automatic database upgrading
- Part 2 – Templated web monitoring
- Part 3 – Web scenario retries
- Part 4 – HTTP proxy for web monitoring
- Part 5 – Better value mapping
- Part 6 – Returning values from webpages
- Part 7 – Value extracting from logfiles and more
- Part 8 – Reusing content in web monitoring
- Part 9 – No more full page reload in latest data
- Part 10 – Support of loadable modules
- Part 11 – SNMP monitoring improvements
Having the whole page reload was not that great for performance (repeated requests to the webserver, database etc), and the workflow was not that nice with constant slowdowns. Of course, one can’t see much difference from screenshots, so it might be best to try this change at the small Zabbix development demo version.
Note that the first request to this page will obtain more information even if you would only want to expand a single application, but all subsequent expanding/collapsing operations will make no requests to the webserver or database.