Also known as that minor improvement some people just love. We already discussed most web monitoring related improvements for Zabbix 2.4, but there’s this one tiny thing left… an increase for the maximum URL length.
Articles in 2.4 feature series:
- Part 1 – Multiple LLD filters
- Part 2 – Controlling redirects and header retrieval for web monitoring
- Part 3 – SSL verification and authentication controls
- Part 4 – Web monitoring URL limit increased to 2048
- Part 5 – Custom action condition formula
- Part 6 – Runtime loglevel changing
- Part 7 – Improved troubleshooting
URL limit was extended from 255 to 2048 characters. For some users the previous limit of 255 was plenty, but if one had to test convoluted web applications, or pass a lot of data as a GET request, that would fail. 2048 should be enough for anybody.